Friday, August 15, 2003

Posting lax
I haven't been posting nearly as much as usual. This is due solely to the fact that I've been spending most of my free time setting up my MT blog. Last night I had alot of entry ideas in my head but the power was out and I was too lazy to get out a pen and paper. Anyway, I guess I'll tell you how my blog has been set up. (The link will be broken probably until Monday. Until then you can use this temporary link to see all the action.)

-The main page should look pretty much exactly the same as it did before.

-Each entry has an individual archive page all to itself, including a section for comments (like most other MT blogs).

-The main archive is a list of months, each linking to a page with an entire month's worth of entries on it (each entry having a PermaLink to the individual archive page).

-I have not yet added a trackback feature and I'm not sure if I ever will. I do like the concept of trackback, and plan to utilize this concept (by automatically trackbacking others' blogs), but I'm not sure if I want to see what others are saying about me.

-I plan to add an "about" page but have been too lazy to do so yet.

-I am leaning towards not adding a hit tracking program to the site. I think that I don't want to be influenced by the amount of readers I get. My ego can't stand such fattening punishment. Also, I'd like my site to be completely self-contained; I don't want any third party servers bogging down my load-time.

-I plan to add a "links" page, finally.

Wow, that certainly doesn't seem like alot of changes, but I assure you I've put in well over 100 hours of work.