Friday, August 08, 2003

Whoops
I "fell off the wagon" today. I was ready to sign up for TypePad. I was going to sign up for the "plus" service, which, with my "lifetime discount" would come to $71.60 a year. Great. But then I realised they only accept credit cards. And I don't own a credit card. So I offered my dad the deal of me paying him the money so I could use his credit card. But alas, he only has a $100 credit limit. And $71.60 American is over $100 Canadian. Sigh. Why can't TypePad accept money orders? Come on!

So then, still on my "get the fuck out of Blogspot" bender, I signed up for Verve Hosting. I set it up to get dowingba.com for 1 year and the "starter plan" hosting for 6 months for a total of $45.00. But then I realised I don't know the first thing about setting up Movable Type. If they don't recieve my money order in 10 days they'll just cancel my request, no big deal. But should I send them the money? I can't afford to pay Movable Type $40 to set it up for me. I don't think Dean is offering his Blogspot Jihad anymore, either.

Is this feasible? Can I possibly have a full-featured Movable Type powered weblog at dowingba.com? The only way is if someone sets it up for me, because I guarantee I can't do it. (I tried before; setting up a free account on Netfirms for the sole purpose of seeing if I could install it. I couldn't.)