Sunday, June 29, 2003

Saint Anger
My brother came to visit today, and he brought the new Metallica Album, St. Anger, which he had just bought and hadn't listened to yet. I wasn't expecting much from the album and wasn't planning on buying it anyway. But when I opened the case, I saw two discs! It came with a DVD, and it was still the price of a regular CD! I thought "man, I'm gonna buy this album! Metallica rocks again!". But then I listened to it...

It might just be the worst album I've ever listened to. It is horrifyingly bad. I'm not exaggerating. It is grotesque. That's all there is to say.

Note: I used to be a huge Metallica fan. They are what got me into guitar in the first place. I learned how to play guitar from reading an "...And Justice For All" tabulature book. I feel disgraced by this album. And yes, I listened to it many times, hoping the songs would grow on me. The only thing that grew was the headache.