Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Upgrade woes
For no real reason whatsoever, I upgraded to Mozilla 1.3.1 today. I was previously using Mozilla 1.3, and I had no problems with it, and the 1.3.1 release notes didn't excite me in any way. I just decided "hey, why not?", and commensed the rather monotonous task of upgrading Mozilla. Now, as far as I can tell, 1.3.1 is no different than 1.3 anyway. At least none of the settings I use have changed. The one thing that bothers me though, is that I lost my beloved "Smoothwheel" feature. Whether the feature doesn't work on 1.3.1 or if it simply needs to be reinstalled, I don't know. The problem is, the only website that ever seemed to host it...ceases to host it. So until the Firebird project is completed (I don't dare use an unstable browser version), it looks like I'm stuck with the crappy old fashioned default scrolling. Sigh.