Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Supremecy
I was standing in front of my own house, on my own property, and these three worthless highschool kids were walking by, staring at me. One of them said "don't look at me, or I'll slap you", obviously assuming that, being in a group of like-minded idiots, he's somehow better than me, has the authority to tell me what to do. I guarantee I surprised them when I walked out onto the street toward them and yelled "fuck off, just fuck off, you worthless rednecks". Suddenly their authority apparently diminished and they slinked away to the highschool silently.

That is exactly the problem with this town. For lack of anything better to do, for lack of any real problems in their sheltered existence, they feel that, by assimilating themselves to a group or clique, they are on a higher plateau than someone like me, who has a mind and a personality of their own. I don't have the latest trend in clothes or the new popular hairstyle so I'm worse than them. I remember talking to someone one time who said he was a part of "every gang in Toronto". I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. I imagined him walking into Toronto wearing something resemblant to "Joseph's technicolour dreamcoat" and being instantly shredded by bullets from all directions.

I thought I'd left that pathetic reality back when I left highschool. It seems that highschool kids and "real life people" should never come into such contact. How can some highschool student living his life of fantasy one-upmanship think that his pseudo-authority actually carries weight in the "real world"? Do they think their fetid, sheltered existence will have any weight once highschool is over? Do they think that they will be able to land a job based on the fact that they listen to the latest band-of-the-month? Are they going to bully their boss into giving them a promotion? Each generation seems to get more cocky and ignorant than the last. It makes me want to burn this town and everyone in it.

For your entertainment, I'll tell you about some other times I've yelled at rednecks. (Note: I use the term "redneck" to describe anyone with narrow-minded, supremecist views. I in no way mean it as some kind of southern stereotype):

-When I was going to St. Dominic Secondary School in grade 10. I was walking through the parking lot talking to my friend when this gang of rednecks started following behind us yelling "stop talking, you aren't allowed to talk, stop it" and so forth. We decided to go inside, but even as we got further from the rednecks, they kept yelling "stop talking, losers" etc. So before we got to the door I turned and yelled something to the tune of "it's a free country, you fucking rednecks" and they answered with some other redneck slur, and before being literally pulled inside by my friend, I remember yelling "you dirty, dirty bastards!"

-After a Canada Day fireworks show, me and my friend (the same friend stated above) were walking home. As usual, traffic was backed up wall to wall, and as we were walking by, we noticed one car in particular was honking its horn wildly, as if that would somehow move the traffic in front. I yelled "shut the fuck up, you worthless rednecks". To this day, every time that car drives by me, it honks its horn.

-When me and my friend (same friend stated above) were walking down "Monck Hill" once toward Tim Hortons coffee shop, a van drove by and sprayed us with what I can only hope was water. I chased the van until it entered a parking lot. I don't remember if I yelled anything but I kicked the van repeatedly and tried to grab the watergun from one of the occupants' hands. The van ended up speeding away.

-Once when I was walking away from Tim Hortons with my friend (the same friend stated above) and another guy (the guy who said he was in "every gang in Toronto" stated above, who we will call "Keith" for intensive purposes), a pickup truck or two full of people started calling us "gay" or something from a distance. After a while of this barrage of name-calling, I turned around and yelled "fuck off, you worthless rednecks" and at one point they tried to flex their superiority by saying "why don't you come here and say that". So I went over there. But by the time I was there, the pickup trucks, with at least 6 people in total, had left. Keith had newfound respect for me, since he perceived me as a quiet, shy type of person (which I am, for the most part). Too bad I didn't have respect for Keith.

That's all I care to write about right now. I hope you enjoyed reading about my happy little life.