Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Close to home
1000 people in Parry Sound are now quarantined due to SARS. I think 8 people have been confirmed infected. What is the significance of this news? Well I live only about a 25 minute drive away from Parry Sound. In fact, the name of my region is used synonymously with Parry Sound. "Muskoka/Parry Sound". So it's definitely closing in.

For those of you who live in a SARS free area and wonder what it's like to live so close to the famous virus, I can tell you it's pretty normal around here. I know I should probably be more nervous if for no other reason than I might be quarantined soon. Maybe I should buy one of those SARS masks and spend 23 hours a day washing my hands. I wish it was as exciting as that. But alas, I will never become known as "The SARS Blogger".