Friday, August 22, 2003

The seven stages of Verve
I'm beginning to accept my Verve situation. I don't really care anymore. I'm going to leave it up to fate. If my money arrives, great. If it doesn't, oh well. I'll just happily sputter along on Blogspot for a while. Well, probably forever, I guess. Clearly it's impossible to leave Blogspot. I just want this little drama to end so I can get back to posting interesting entries. And my posting lax will finally end once I can get my mind off of this.

Advantages of staying on Blogger: I don't have to worry about diskspace and bandwidth usage. Only have to change one or two templates when I make changes. Free.

Advantages of moving to Movable Type: No Google ad. Reliable archiving. Individual entry archives. All around better speed. Better domain name.

Edit: Blogspot does have a bandwidth limit. It's 250mb a month. Which seems pretty crappy until you realise that, basically, I'd need to get about 27,000 visitors a month in order to go over that limit. (I've changed my archiving to "weekly" so that people don't have to suck up 50kb every time they want to see an archive, saving me a bit of bandwidth worrying.)