Saturday, July 12, 2003

Censoring our way into heaven
By clicking one of those interesting Google ads at the top of my site, I stumbled upon a religious site that uses a Matrix analogy as their front page. Now the interesting part is this disclaimer found at the bottom of the page, in fine print:

For the record, those of us who put this website together are not Matrix "fans", nor do we endorse the watching of the Matrix movies in an unedited form. Some of the language, violence and immodesty are not fit for those who are "unplugged" or wanting to be. It is a bad investment into the WRONG world. Like Cypher's steak and Mouse's woman in the red dress, enticement is the objective but death is the result. The apostle John declares, "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world--the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does--comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever."

I don't even think I have to comment on that. I know this disclaimer puzzles and disturbs me deeply. It's just stupidity.

For the record, I am not a "fan" of the above mentioned web site. I didn't even read it, personally, because I didn't want to be bombarded with relgious propoganda that uses the very thing they are against in a selfish attempt to promote their fetid website.

Double standards, gotta love 'em.